Re: Xerces developers - there's a bug in Xerces schema validation

Hi Roger,
    First of all, this is the part where I haven't contributed much within
Xerces. But this is an important and interesting aspect of XML Schema
language.

You have provided a pretty advanced example of XSD complex type
restriction. But looking at your example carefully, it looks like a useful
and correct XSD document (may be incorrect according to XSD 1.0, if Xerces
is correct in reporting it). Here's what I further think about this
example, and points about XSD 1.0 and 1.1.

1) The elements A and B are equivalent, from the point of view of
validating XML instance elements A and B. This is due to the substitution
group syntax.
2) The complex type "derived" is the correct restriction derivation of
complex type "base". This is because,
B can substitute A, and
The "derived" type works on a lesser cardinality of B (which is essentially
a synonym of A).

I think, XML Schema 1.1 specification makes complex type restriction rules
easier to understand.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi