Re: XML Schema language version

On Oct 10, 2013, at 4:35 AM, Timothy W. Cook wrote:

> Thanks for this addition to oXygen.
> The maxVersion issue needs to be fixed in the specs.  I think everyone agrees that the current definition is just non-sensical.

Well, no.

The initial draft of the vc:* namespace had inclusive semantics for
both minVersion and maxVersion, and the WG received a strong
objection from another WG which wanted a way to ensure that
all possible decimal version numbers were covered exactly once.

It's not at all nonsensical, and not particularly hard to work with.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net