Re: Restriction error

Note I'm the real newbie here Mike.

On 20 March 2013 13:53, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> A complex-type-with-simple-content is generally defined by extension: think
> of it as first defining the simple content of the element, then extending it
> to allow attributes.
>
> You can define a c-t-with-s-c as a restriction of another c-t-with-s-c, but
> that doesn't seem to be what you are doing here; the suggestion from the
> error message is that dc:SimpleLiteral is a simple type, not a c-t-with-s-c.
>
> Difficult to correct this without knowing what you are trying to achieve.
> Why are you saying xml:lang is prohibited? Does your new type allow any
> attributes, and if so, which? What is the definition of dc:SimpleLiteral?

I'm trying to understand this schema, then reduce it.

Defn:

<xs:complexType name="SimpleLiteral" mixed="true">
  <xs:annotation>
   <xs:documentation xml:lang="en">
            This is the default type for all of the DC elements.
            It permits text content only with optional
            xml:lang attribute.
            Text is allowed because mixed="true", but sub-elements
            are disallowed because minOccurs="0" and maxOccurs="0"
            are on the xs:any tag.

         This complexType allows for restriction or extension permitting
            child elements.
     </xs:documentation>
  </xs:annotation>
  <xs:complexContent mixed="true">
   <xs:restriction base="xs:anyType">
    <xs:sequence>
     <xs:any processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="0"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    <xs:attribute ref="xml:lang" use="optional"/>
   </xs:restriction>
  </xs:complexContent>
 </xs:complexType>

Is that any help?