Re: XML Datatype clarification: fractionDigits

Yes. 4.3.12 says

[Definition:]   fractionDigits controls the size of the minimum difference between values in the ·value space· of datatypes ·derived· from decimal, by restricting the ·value space· to numbers that are expressible as i × 10^-n where i and n are integers and 0 <= n <= fractionDigits.

so setting fractionDigits restricts the value space to integer multiples of 1x10^0, i.e. to whole numbers. The value 12 can still be written as 12.0. This is not the same as xs:integer, because xs:integer also restricts the lexical space.

Michael Kay
Saxonica