Re: Can root name in DOCTYPE be a XSD-validity thing?

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 23:33:32 -0500
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 04:59 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> [...]
>
> Right. And as such, it is a very flexible system since it allows any
> element to serve as root. What about XSD in this regard? Perhaps XSD
> ”hard codes” which elements can serve as root element?

Some implementations do so, people have told me, but not in an
interoperable way - either by a program-level API, or assuming the first
(or last) top-level/global element in the schema is the root.

It's been a while since I heard of people having problems with this
though, so maybe the implementations were all relaxed.

Liam