Re: Context Sensitive Element Definitions in W3C XSD Schema?

Yes, very non-intuitive.

XSD 1.1 allows a targetNamespace attribute on a local xs:element, but only under very restricted circumstances. I argued for removing all restrictions and allowing it anywhere, but others wanted to keep a stronger relationship between schema modules and namespaces, so I didn't win that one.

Michael Kay
Saxonica