From: Mukul Gandhi [mailto:gandhi.mukul@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:12 AM
To: Costello, Roger L.
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: XSD 1.1: not okay to have an xs:assert at the attribute level?

Hi Roger,
   I observe following results with Xerces XSD 1.1 validator:

I get a 'false' <assert> result, with the way you've specified the
first variant of your assertion (i.e, an <assert> failure similar to
Saxon. but not the namespace prefix error).

When I change the assertion to following,

<xsd:assert test="string(@name) eq 'xsd:element'" />

then this works for me. I feel, this might solve your use case.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi