Access to Schema API information

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 18:07:26 +0100
To: "w3c-xsl-query@w3.org" <w3c-xsl-query@w3.org>, "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
I have been implementing a Saxon extension that exposes the Schema
Component Model to XSLT and XQuery applications. It makes heavy use of
the new 3.0 facility to have functions as first-class values, so every
schema component is represented as a function: the argument to the
function is the property name, and the result of the function is the
property value. See here for a description:

http://dev.saxonica.com/blog/mike/2012/05/#000190

Comments welcome. I think this interface is eminently suitable for
standardization.

Michael Kay
Saxonica