Re: genericode.org

From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 13:59:22 +0100
To: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Thanks for all the info Ken, regarding:

> I haven't seen genericode files pointed to directly from scheme attributes
> before.  To me that seems too restrictive and doesn't give the flexibility
> to users to react to changes to trading partner relationships (say, limiting
> payment means after a cheque bounces).
>
> But, then, I'm unfamiliar with the workings of FpML so I'm not sure how the
> association is being made.  I've not seen a genericode URL used as a scheme
> URI as you imply.

An example is:

http://www.fpml.org/spec/fpml-5-2-4-tr-1/html/confirmation/schemaDocumentation/schemas/fpml-shared-5-2_xsd/complexTypes/OriginatingEvent.html

which defaults the "originatingEventScheme" attribute to:

http://www.fpml.org/coding-scheme/originating-event

...and that page seems to define the 'allowed' values list, although
from my still naive perspective it looks like some are missing, like
termination/unwind etc.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com