Re: The Rule of Least Power

I second Michael on this one.

I like lean/agile design and development, although I am no fundamentalist.
I like ideas such as:

"Do the simplest thing that can possibly work, refactor and refine the
design later, if and when needed."

....and...

"Solve today's problems today and tomorrow's problems tomorrow."

Sadly, I don't find that this way of thinking works well for schema design,
where evolution and extensibility are often a very real concern and the
schema designer needs to predict (or divinate?) future requirements.

I find that predictive/proactive design and use of more powerful constructs
can lead to more extensible schemas. Unfortunately these schemas will
probably be also more difficult to adopt as they are more difficult to
understand and use.

-daniel

   Daniel Dui - daniel.dui@gmail.com - skype: danieldui