Re: Example of an identity constraint that is not applied to substitution elements?

Hi Roger,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@mitre.org> wrote:

> That generates this error,
>
>           The field in constraint {PK} has no value.
[1]

I believe, this error message is correct. In your example, the IDC
constraint "PK" is defined for element "BookStore" (and not at level
of ISBN, as it might be confusing some of us).

> I seek a way to use an ISBN-10 element, containing a value that duplicates one of the ISBN element values, and does NOT
> generate an error.

I think, this may not be possible the way, the schema you've provided
is written and we would get an error message as above [1].

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi