Re: Extending an enumeration

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:37:19 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

The only way to "extend" the value space of a simple type is by defining
a union type. You can define week-days as a union type with working-days
and (sat sun) as its member types.

Unfortunately XSLT/XQuery support for union types in 2.0/1.0 is very
weak: you won't be able to define functions that expect the union type,
for example. This changes in 3.0.

Michael Kay
Saxonica