Re: Here is a list of the ways that an element or attribute may specify its value space ... is the list complete?

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 10:49:51 -0400
To: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>
CC: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
FWIW, the only formal use I'm aware of for the term "value space" is for
XML Schema Datatypes. Your subject line suggests that elements might have a
value space, and I don't believe that terminology is used, and it's
especially a stretch in the case of elements with complex type.

It might be more in keeping with XSD terminology to say something like:

"Here is a list of the ways that an XSD element or attribute declaration
can specify the valid content for elements or attributes."

Also, I presume it's implicit that in the case of complex types, recursion
is involved, in the sense that the complex type declared for an element can
itself declare attributes, locally scoped elements, etc.

Noah