Re: trouble creating javax.xml.validation.Validator from locally cached version of XMLSchema.xsd

("http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema");
>          File schemaLocation = new File("docbook.xsd");
>          Schema schema = factory.newSchema(schemaLocation);
>
> then you will have performed a much more rigorous check on the validity
> of docbook.xsd than you will get by loading it as a source document and
> validating it against XMLSchema.xsd.

It depends why you're validating. There have been a few occasions where
I've loaded XMLSchema.xsd into a SchemaFactory in order to get type
information and typed values (e.g. JAXP QNames, ints, etc...) out of a
schema document (and its annotations) that I already knew was valid.

> Michael Kay
> Saxonica

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich