Re: How to allow html tags and restrict number of characters‏

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
>  Another use case for XSD 1.1 assertions:
>
> <xs:assert test="string-length(.) le 50000"/>

I think expression string-length(.) returns string value (which is the
concatenation of all-of text node descendent's of a node in document
order) of an XDM node (in this case, an element node), which Vani
wanted. Cool :)

> (I would question whether it *should* be done. I find it hard to think of a
> good reason for designing a system with this limit in it. But that's another
> question.)

I agree with Mike.

--
Regards,