Re: Implementing the DOM3 Val Spec in Javascript, problem with UPA and creating PSVI.

Ok, so then assuming I am trying to satisfy the requirements of the DOM3
Spec. Does the process I outlined make sense? Or are there other suggestions
on how to achieve the same result?

Most desktop xml editors do this already, so I know the mechanism exists,
there has to be someone who knows how to do this properly.

-Casey

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

>  > My question revolves around creating a PSVI from instances like this.
> Lets look at the following example based off this schema with possible
> insertions noted in [element_name].
>
> I think you are using the term "PSVI" rather loosely. The properties you
> are worrying about are defined in the DOM3 spec, but as far as I can tell
> they are not part of the PSVI. It's not clear to me that there is anyone on
> this list who understands the DOM3 spec well enough to answer your
> questions: I certainly don't!
>
> The only relevant properties in the PSVI for an element information item
> are [element declaration] and [type definition]. Despite the fact that the
> UPA constraint requires unique attribution of a particle, the PSVI doesn't
> even give you a link from the element instance to the particle - only to the
> element declaration referenced by the particle. DOM3 appears to want far
> more than this.
>

> Regards,
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/
> http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

Casey Jordan
Jorsek Software LLC.
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
Cell (585) 771 0189
Office (585) 239 6060
Jorsek.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.