Re: Conditional type definition

Hi Ralph,

You can't do conditional type assignment with XSD 1.0.  The upcoming XSD 1.1
will allow conditional type assignment but that is still work in progress.

The closest you can get in XSD 1.0 is to put the conditionality into an
xs:choice of possible elements so you have:

<aTypeOneElement>
   <ONEelement />
</aTypeOneElement>

<aTypeTwoElement>
   <TWOelement />
</aTypeTwoElement>

Or define a type that is allows both ONEElement and TWO element and check
the constraint at the application level.

HTH,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ or http://www.xml2cpp.com
for more info