From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 01:36 AM
To: Shai Gotlib
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Subject: Re: The particle of the type is not a valid restriction of the particle of the base.

The elements such as <xsl:element name="billTo"> are in a different namespace from those in the base type. The only way to solve this in XSD 1.0 is for the restricted type to be defined in the same namespace as the base type - which might mean trampling on a namespace you don't own. XSD 1.1 allows local element declarations in this situation to have a targetNamespace attribute differing from that of the containing xs:schema.

Michael Kay
Saxonica