Re: Escalation mechanism for different interpretation of W3C XML-Schema specification ?

Hi,

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> writes:

> because we believe that <redefine> has seen widespread use,

I have a completely opposite experience. That is, I have seen
people trying to use redefine, quickly finding that no two
processors handle it the same way, and giving up.

We also have a fairly large XML Schema repository which includes
hundreds of schemas for various public and proprietary real-world
vocabularies. I just did a quick check and the repository contains
over 2,000 schema files. Only one vocabulary uses redefine.

> So, if any readers of this thread have opinions on the plan to deprecate,
> the Schema Working group would welcome hearing about them.

I am strongly for depreciating redefine (as well as inheritance by
restriction, while we are at it ;-)).

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog