XML schema with recursive SimpleType

From: Sucheta Phatak <sphatak@cs.iupui.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:08:40 -0400
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hello All,

I am trying to create a XML Schema which contains an element called as
"Pre-Condition" which defines a logical expression.

For this I need to define a type "LogicalExpressionType". This type will
look something like,

<xs:LogicalExpressionType>

                <union memberTypes="InfixExpressionType
PrefixExpressionType"/>

</ xs:LogicalExpressionType>

<xs: InfixExpressionType>

                A sequence of "LogicalExpressionType" "+|-|/|.."
"LogicalExpressionType"

<xs: InfixExpressionType>

Is there a way of defining such type, so as to ensure a valid pre-condition
value is specified in an XML. This is recursive simpleType, is it allowed?

Is there a better way of doing it?

-Sucheta.