RE: [XML Schema 1.1] Many questions about openContent

Thanks Michael.

So the <any> element within an <openContent> is always (effectively) minOccurs="1" and maxOccurs="1". Correct?

That is, it is effectively this:

<element name="Book">
    <complexType>
        <openContent mode="interleaved">
            <any minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" />
        </openContent>
        <sequence>
            <element name="Title" type="string"/>
            <element name="Author" type="string" />
            <element name="Date" type="string"/>
            <element name="ISBN" type="string"/>
            <element name="Publisher" type="string"/>
        </sequence>
    </complexType>
</element>

Correct?

Now, what does that mean?

Does it mean that 1 new element *must* be inserted into the <sequence> content model? Or, does it mean that:

   Before the <Title> element there *must* be 1 new element, and
   Before the <Author element there *must* be 1 new element, and
   Before the <Date> element there *must* be 1 new element, and
   Before the <ISBN> element there *must* be 1 new element, and
   Before the <Publisher> element there *must* be 1 new element, and
   After the <Publisher> element there *must* be 1 new element.

And what about mode="suffix":

<element name="Book">
    <complexType>
        <openContent mode="suffix">
            <any />
        </openContent>
        <sequence>
            <element name="Title" type="string"/>
            <element name="Author" type="string" />
            <element name="Date" type="string"/>
            <element name="ISBN" type="string"/>
            <element name="Publisher" type="string"/>
        </sequence>
    </complexType>
</element>

Does this mean that 1 new element must always be placed at the bottom of the <sequence> content model (after the <Publisher> element)?

/Roger