Alternative tags in element?

From: Paul Steckler <Paul.Steckler@nicta.com.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 22:06:33 +1000
To: "xmlschema-dev@w3.org" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

  I've just started working with XML Schema, so please forgive me if the answer to
my question is obvious.

  I want to create an element, say "Foo" that contains a sequence of elements which
have different tags, say "Bar" and "Glob".  So these would be legal:

   <Foo><Glob/><Bar/></Foo>

  <Foo><Bar/><Glob/></Foo>

  <Foo><Bar/><Glob/><Bar/></Foo>

In the complexType for Foo elements, can you specify that it contains a sequence
of alternative elements, in arbitrary order?  Or do I have to create a wrapper element
for the alternatives and place them in a union?

Any help welcome ...

-- Paul
--
Paul Steckler