Behaviour when unknown xsi:type or subst group member found

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@codalogic.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:53:03 -0000
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hi,

Can you remind me what a schema enabled XML processor should do if it
encounters an unknown xsi:type when parsing an instance?  Should it just
skip over it, or flag an error etc.

Similarly, what is the desired behaviour when an unknown substitution group
member is found (or an unknown element is encountered where a substitution
group member element might be expected [I guess the element could be
optional]).

Oh, and while I'm here, does the whitespace facet have any affect on
attribute values, or are attribute values always collapsed?

Many thanks,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://codalogic.com/lmx/ for more info