RE: [XML Schema 1.1] Does mode="none" on a subtype nullify the openness of its parent type?

> if the base type allows open content, then a
> type derived from it by extension must also
> allow open content.

Now I'm really confused.

What value is mode="none"?

I thought that the point of mode="none" was to enable a subtype to "turn off" the openness of its parent type? If this is not the case, then what value is mode="none"?

/Roger