W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xmlschema-dev@w3.org > June 2009

RE: Help with Namespaces and Includes

From: Rowan Bradley <rowan.bradley@herbertgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:54:35 +0100
Message-ID: <718017EC70E88A4CBBEED9574B35C76001B9299C@pc234.herbertgroup.herbertgroup.com>
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Michael,

Many thanks for your helpful answers.

I now have a working solution. I tried to make "chameleon include" work,
and found that it would validate in oXygen and Liquid XML but not in
XMLspy. 

However I've now removed the default namespace declaration from my XML
files, so the elements and attributes are in no namespace, removed the
targetNamespace declarations from the XSD files, and used
noNamespaceSchemaLocation to reference the XSD files. The XML files now
validate in all three tools.

The original error was having a default namespace in the XML file but
referring to the XSD files via a noNamespaceSchemaLocation declaration
(and having a targetNamespace declaration in the XSD files). How it
validated 6 years ago I don't know - old and less picky version of
XMLspy I guess.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I now understand this a bit better!

Rowan
Received on Thursday, 4 June 2009 14:55:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 11 January 2011 00:15:12 GMT