RE: Extending Types

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:00:48 -0000
To: "'Flavio Cordova'" <flavio.cordova@gmail.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> Actually, in my case, I need to create a complexType that
> will be extended by other people, just overwriting (or
> "implementing") the BusinessContent tag.

I think the simplest solution is a low-tech one: have your type refer to a
named model group called BusinessContentGroup which you define in a separate
schema document, which people can edit.

OK that has disadvantages, for example it makes it difficult for different
extensions of the schema to coexist, but those disadvantages apply to nearly
all other techniques as well.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/