Re: Restricting attribute use from optional to required

So basically you're telling me that I don't have to repeat all
attributes from attributeGroup in restriction and it is sufficient to
just list the changed ones, that is the 'label' attribute in my case?

<xsd:complexType name="parentWithReqLabelAttr">
 <xsd:complexContent>
   <xsd:restriction base="parent">
     <xsd:group ref="commonElements"/>
     <xsd:attribute name="label" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
     <!-- no need to list all remaining attributes from 'attributes' group -->
   </xsd:restriction>
 </xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

-Jan Pridal