Re: Unqualified elment - but still have prefix at the root

From: Kevin Braun <kbraun@obj-sys.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:11:41 -0400
To: avihai marchiano <avihaimar@yahoo.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
If you omit the target namespace, you are giving up using namespaces,
which are used to help avoid naming conflicts.

These resources might help you:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#NS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130655678

Kevin
(I earlier CC'd xmlschema-dev-request instead of xmlschema-dev by accident)