inheritable attribute declarations

From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:09:37 +0530
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi all,
   I have following questions about inheritable attributes, in XML Schema 1.1.

1. supposing there is an attribute declaration, like following:

(a global declaration, and child of xs:schema element)

<xs:attribute name="TEST_ATTR" type="xs:integer" />

then, can I define an attribute reference like following?

(part of complex type definition)

<xs:attribute ref="TEST_ATTR" inheritable="true" />

i.e, can inheritable=xs:boolean flag be present on <xs:attribute
ref=... declaration?

I think, so we can do this like. But just wanted to check, from the list.

2. supposing, we have following attribute declarations present in XML
Schema 1.1:

(a global declaration, and child of xs:schema element)

<xs:attribute name="TEST_ATTR" type="xs:integer" inheritable="false" />

(part of complex type definition)

<xs:attribute ref="TEST_ATTR" inheritable="true" />

These two attribute declarations have conflicting
inheritable=xs:boolean values (one is true, and other is false).

Should the XML Schema 1.1 processor, give an error in this case? or,
one of the inheritable declarations (either name=.. or ref=..) will
take precedence (if yes, then which one)?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi