RE: [Update #2] XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Roger Costello writes:

> Here's what the XML Schema 1.1 specification says:
>
>    The <redefine> construct is *deprecated*

I acknowledged that.  Immediately below the text you quote, it says:

"Editorial Note: Priority Feedback Request

"The Working Group requests feedback from readers, schema authors,
implementors, and other users of this specification as to the desirability
of retaining, removing, deprecating, or not deprecating the use of
<redefine>. Since the <override> facility provides similar functionality
but does not require a restriction or extension relation between the new
and the old definitions of redefined components, the Working Group is
particularly interested in learning whether users of this specification
find that requirement useful or not."

That means there was at least some concern in the working group as to
whether the proposal to deprecate is in fact a good one.  It also means
that Eliot's feedback is very much to the point, and I'm sure the working
group will welcome it.  Eliot: I strongly suggest that you send your
comment as formal feedback.  The instructions for doing this are:

"The Candidate Recommendation review period for this document extends
until 3 August 2009. Comments on this document should be made in W3C's
public installation of Bugzilla, specifying "XML Schema" as the product.
Instructions can be found at http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/01/public-bugzilla
. If access to Bugzilla is not feasible, please send your comments to the
W3C XML Schema comments mailing list, www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org (
archive) Each Bugzilla entry and email message should contain only one
comment. "

Thank you.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn