Re: Conditional Levels of a Schema

From: Dieter Menne <dieter.menne@menne-biomed.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

info-1588 wrote:

> but, if I do understand it well, this means that you have two different
> (versions of the) schemas, with the same namespace, and different
> (although
> slightly different) content.
>
> This is something, just from a principal point of view, I do not like.
> My principle is "new standard (version) => new schema (version) => new
> namespace".

Point taken and I even was aware of it, but lost in namespace, so to say.
Will
think it over.

info-1588 wrote:

> In your case, I would definitely opt for writing a schematron (which is a
> good excercise anyway).  ;-)

I am no longer sure if that is a good idea. Michael Kay already mentioned
that in my case I do not want to validate data, but schemas. I want
different schemas for hospital admins and researchers, so that some stacked
series of schemas would be able to qualify the file as public, research,
hospital.

Dieter