xml:lang vs xs:language

From: Kondapally Kumar <kondapally_sunil@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

We are having a discussion on whether to use "xml:lang" as an attribute on a new element that we are defining in our xsd or whether to make a new element with type "xs:language".

For e.g (not syntactically correct but just to give you an idea)

<Newelement attribute xml:lang> </Newelement>

<Newelement >
<have another sub element with xs:language type>

Is there any guidance on which one to use?