doubt regarding targetNamespace

From: Bharath Kumar Reddy T <bharathkr@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:46:13 +0530
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi..

I have a doubt whether we can give prefix for targetNamespace attribute or
not.

In the following schema we have xsd prefix for targetNamespace. Is it
correct or not..........

<?xml version="1.0"?>

xsd:targetNamespace="http://foobar">

<xsd:element name="foo"/>

</xsd:schema>

Altova spy says it is wrong but libxml parser has not given any error when
this schema is parsed.

Thank you very much,

Bharath.

htipl
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD. huawei_logo

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by

outlook_huawei_logo_en.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: outlook_huawei_logo_en.jpg)