Re: unordered sequence

----- Original Message From: "Richard Markus"

> The sequence would be good, but the order doesn't matter, and the
> sequence has a restriction for the order of the elements.

Paradoxically, when order doesn't matter the recommendation is to use
<xs:sequence>, which does impose an order.  The theory is roughly if the
order doesn't matter, then it won't matter if an order is imposed!

So with XSD 1.0 what you have presented below is as close as you can get to
what you want.

In the new version of XML schema (1.1) that is coming up, the restriction on
<xs:all> only allowing a maxOccurs of 1 (or less) will be removed and you
will be able to do exactly what you want.  But editing work on XSD 1.1 is
still in progress so most people won't want to hold up their development
until its available.

HTH,

Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
Interface XML to C++ the easy way using XML C++
data binding to convert XSD schemas to C++ classes.
Visit http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/ for more info