RE: One element isn't referenceable, the other is!

You have defined a target namespace for the schema. That means the types
defined in that schema should belong to that namespace. However, you
reference those types using unqualified names.

<xs:element name="xResponse" type="xEnvelopesResponseType"></xs:element>

That makes the validator think the type has no namespace, therefore
cannot be referenced.

You could either declared the target namespace as the default namespace
using xmlns="http://runtime.onetwo.com/schemas/xinfo
<http://runtime.onetwo.com/schemas/xinfo> ", or associate the target
namespace with a explicit prefix like

Xmlns:pre="http://runtime.onetwo.com/schemas/xinfo
<http://runtime.onetwo.com/schemas/xinfo> " and then prefix the type
name as follows,

<xs:element name="xRequest"
type="pre:xEnvelopesRequestType"></xs:element>

Lisa