RE: Empty complexType with mixed="true"

From: Shlomo Yona <S.Yona@F5.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:57:49 -0700
To: "Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Tue 3/18/2008 10:56 AM
To: Shlomo Yona; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: RE: Empty complexType with mixed="true"
If a complex type is empty, then no child elements are allowed. But if the
mixed=true, then you are still allowed text nodes, comments, and processing
instructions as children; and even if mixed=false, you are still allowed
comments and processing instructions (and empty CDATA sections, I think). So
it's wrong to say that an empty complex type disallows all content.
Michael Kay