Schema that mandates elements and attributes from disparate namespaces?

From: Gavin Kistner <phrogz@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:01:55 -0600
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

How can I write a schema that requires an XML file to have a structure
like the following?

   <root xmlns:foo="http://foo.com" xmlns:bar="http://bar.com">
     <alpha>This is in the default namespace</alpha>
     <bravo foo:msg="This namespaced attribute is required on bravo
elements." >
       <bar:charlie>This namespaced element is required as a child of
bravo.</bar:charlie>
     </bravo>
   </root>

What I'm trying to do is create a specific derivation of SVG, that
allows certain namespaced elements and attributes in specific
locations. I don't want to just extend SVG to allow various non-
namespaced attributes and elements; I want to require those specific
namespaced items.

Thanks in advance!