Re: Choice of sub-element or character-data in an element

Its not quite what I wanted.  If I understand your construction,
you've essentially given elementB an attribute called "name" and
elementA may either use the locally-defined elementB (with two
sub-elements C & D) or the globally defined elementB with the
"name" attribute.

What I'm looking for is to have the elementB either contain the
sub-elements (C & D, as in your example), or fixed-text content
in the body of elementB rather than in an attribute.  Is that
possible?  Michael Kay from another posting has indicated that
it is not possible directly in XML Schema 1.0.

Thanks.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.