RE: Impact of XML on Data Modeling

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:12:40 -0000
To: <abcoates.work@yahoo.co.uk>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> Nomenclature is a funny old thing.  I would argue that you
> don't access data via a logical model, you access it via a
> physical model.

I'm afraid I was brought up on the notion that the logical model is what
programmers can see, the physical model is what's hidden from their sight. I
think that usage is very common in the database world. Of course, with XML,
very little is hidden - until you put it in a database.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/