RE: Two attributes should have same reference point/Two elements should have same reference point under the same root elment

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:19:46 -0000
To: <saisuman@tataelxsi.co.in>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> Hi jeni,

If you want to communicate with jeni then please write to her directly.
You're writing to a public list so I assume your message is addressed to
everyone.

> case1:Please let me know the case where the two elements
> under the same parent element have the same name and both
> should refer to the same value.
> If the value of one element changed then the value of the
> other element with same name should contain same value.
> Because both should refer the same reference point.
>
> case2:Two attributes under the same parent element shold
> point the same value and both attributes should have the same value.
> If the value of the one attribute changed then the value of
> the other attribute with same name should contain same value.
> Same for this both should refer the same reference point.

It's helpful to give examples of valid and invalid input, especially if you
use non-standard terminology like "point to" and "reference point".

It might be possible to achieve this requirement using key and keyref,
something like this:

<xs:key name="k1">
  <xs:selector xpath="@att1"/>
  <xs:field xpath="."/>