text of "xs:override" proposal

From: Guillaume Lebleu <gl@brixlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:11:21 -0800
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hello,
I have a need for overriding type definitions in one schema file by
other type definitions in another file. Not merely extending or
restricting, but actually replacing. For instance, I want to override a
type defined as a simpleType as a complexType.
I found several posts on this list mentioning Michael Kay's xs:override
proposal but can't find any pointer to the actual text.
I am curious to understand whether this feature would address my
requirement, and whether Saxon implements this non-standard feature.
Thank you in advance,
Guillaume