Re: Conditional Schema Processing

XML Schema 1.1 introduces a new feature called type alternatives (aka
conditional type assignment) which allows you to do this. There's an
implementation in the current development stream of Xerces-J; still not
quite ready for prime time, but should be available in a release soon.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#cTypeAlternative

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development