Re: Issue with repeating tags using substitution groups

Thanks Michael,

I was beginning to think that myself.

I've decided to ignore the the fact that the header tag must be first and
add all the children of <letter> to a group using <xsd:all>. The most
important constraint is that the "data" tags can appear only once and in any
order.

My main aim was to not have to add each "data" element to a group but it
doesn't look like I will be able to avoid that.

Here is the resulting schema:

<xs:element name="document">
 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>

   <xs:element name="letter" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xs:complexType>
     <xs:group ref="dataBlockGroup"/>

    </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>
  </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:group name="dataBlockGroup">
 <xs:all>
  <xs:element ref="header" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
  <xs:element ref="data1" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/>
 </xs:all>
</xs:group>
<xs:element name="header">
 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>
   <xs:element name="headerId" type="xs:integer" />
  </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element name="data1">
 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:sequence>

   <xs:element name="id" type="xs:integer" />
  </xs:sequence>

 </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Thank you Michael & Borris for you help.

Regards,
David