Re: XSV fails on negative regexp (eg mimetype of MPEG7)

From: Heiko Studt <studt@fmi.uni-passau.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:40:49 +0200 (CEST)
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk (Henry S. Thompson)
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

At 13.09.2007 Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Well, I admit it's pretty obscure, but the project page [1] does say,
> in the list of implemented features "pattern (partially)".  The truth
> is that XSV uses Python's native regexps if it thinks that will give
> the right answer,

On the website it says in "Recent Changes":
| Partial support for pattern facet (basically everything except named
| classes other than \d \s \w \D \S \W)

> otherwise just falls back to saying "yes".  Python

Mmmh, I don't get your meaning with "yes".
In strict validation I get the failure the text doesn't match the
pattern. I get the same failure if the pattern can't be compiled at all.
I didn't research wether the MPEG7-pattern can be compiled in Python.

> I'm afraid I can't comment on whether your two regexps are
> equivalent. . .

After two nights of sleep, I know they are not. :-(
I didn't see both two different meanings of "-" in completness.

Thank you for responding,

--
MFG
Heiko Studt <studt@fmi.uni-passau.de>