Re: optional, but at least one required

While waiting for XML Schema 1.1 one can use Schematron embedded in XML
schema. For instance test -> (a*, b*, c*) but with at least one element
present can be written as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:sch="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron">
   <xs:element name="a"/>
   <xs:element name="b"/>
   <xs:element name="c"/>
   <xs:element name="test">
     <xs:annotation>
       <xs:appinfo>
         <sch:pattern id="atLeastOne">
           <sch:rule context="test">
             <sch:assert test="count(*)>0">At least one of a, b or c
must appear inside test.</sch:assert>
           </sch:rule>
         </sch:pattern>
       </xs:appinfo>
     </xs:annotation>
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="a" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <xs:element ref="b" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <xs:element ref="c" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>
</xs:schema>