XSD with keys... what to use in Java to process XML?

From: dave <ceek63@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:12:06 -0800 (PST)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

If you've an XSD with key/keyref constraints, what is
the best XML parsing (JAXP vs JAXB) method to use in

I did some reading on this. I was inclined to use
Java-XML binding frameworks to leverage my XSD. But
JAXB 1.0 doesn't support key/keyref (meaning doesn't
support validation?? not sure).
Also not sure if JAXB 2.0 supports it.

OR should I use JAXP instead?

Parsing performance is not an issue for my

  I know key/keyref constraints' use at the XSD
  Can you access these key/keyrefs at the Java
  application level?
  For e.g. I need to find the number of Keyrefs
  referencing the Key in my Java app?
  Basically, I am trying to understand if I can
  leverage these constraints at the Java level (like
  accessing selector/field values, xpath expressions,
  Or are these constraints are only used at the XSD
  level and XML validation?
  In short, how would one leverage these key/keyrefs
 at the Java application level?
  Thanks for any pointers.

Be a better pen pal.