RE: Mixed content and empty content

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:01:14 -0000
To: <dmaze@us.ibm.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
> Empty is a special case of element-only content, and whitespace is always
> allowed in element-only content. I think.

XML Schema 1.0, section 3.4.4, clause 2.1 states that if the {content type}
of a complex type is empty(which is the case for an empty <xs:complexType/>
declaration with mixed="false") then the element being validated may have no
character or element information item [children] at all, which sounds like
valid, but not <foo> </foo>.

Thanks for the correction. Shouldn't try to answer questions from memory.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/