Re: xs:int vs. xs:integer

From: Pete Cordell <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:33:36 +0100
To: "Rich Adili" <Rich.Adili@xata.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

----- Original Message From: "Rich Adili" <Rich.Adili@xata>

> Any difference between xs:int and xs:integer types?

xs:int is a signed 32-bit integer,whereas xs:integer is unbounded in terms
of bits.

You can see more information on the types of integers that XSD defines at:

http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/xsd-overview.html#DefiningElementsPart1

I recommend avoiding the unbounded and partially bounded integers that XML
schema provides, because a lot of programming languages don't readily
support them.  However, that is influenced by the domain in which I use
schemas (data oriented) and your mileage may vary.

HTH,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.tech-know-ware.com/lmx/
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/