Re: SimpleType as valid derivation of abstract type in 1.1 ?

Noah,

I had already tried your suggestion. With:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <xs:complexType name="ObjId" abstract="true"/>
    <xs:complexType name="CarId">
        <xs:simpleContent>
            <xs:extension base="ObjId"/>
        </xs:simpleContent>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:schema>

First, as you can see, the actual type of CarId is not defined.

IBM SQC says:
the type is derived by extension, the content type of the basetype must
be a simple type. empty content model is the  content type of the
basetype, ObjId. It does not correspond to a simple type.

SaxonSA says:
by extension from the type ObjId which has complex content

Guillaume