Re: xs:choice question

I think you can change this to the following and get what you want:

 <xs:choice>
 <xs:sequence>
   <xs:element name="a" type="xs:string"/>
   <xs:element name="b" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>
 </xs:sequence>
 <xs:element name="b" type="xs:string"/>
 </xs:choice>

The strategy works for simple cases like this, but doesn't extend well to
having more elements that have to share the same sort of occurrence
constraints.  This is an area that future schema recommendations are looking
at.

HTH,

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Codalogic Ltd
for XML Schema to C++ data binding visit
 http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/